jueves, 28 de julio de 2016

Ten Years...


A church from my hometown sent letters to their sponsored students and a card addressed to "Caitlin and Staff". Among other things, it has a verse, Jeremiah 33:3. It says, "Call to Me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."

I love that verse. I loved the card. It reminds me of the most interesting bible study I did the past few weeks with my good friend Gemma. I think I'll write a post about what she showed me as I was really blown away.

It has now been ten years since I first came here to Puerto Plata. Well, ten years and two months.
Wanbert also liked the card from the church.
Yesterday I did an interview with a teacher. She seems great and she said she is waiting for a blessing to be accepted to teach in the public sector, as it pays more, but will work with us until that happens. We need to recruit two more before school starts. Wanbert walked into the office as we were talking and talked to her a bit about the school. He said that he works with me and that I work really hard and she said that that is what the director had said. She said he said that I work tirelessly.

My heart fills with pride when someone says that. I have worked hard and I do work hard. I am not trying to pat my own back but I just feel the need to say that I have worked sooo hard. Is it enough? Will it ever be enough? I have felt a strong sense of fear yesterday and today because we don't yet have enough money to pay teachers this month. And we don't yet have money to get everyone ready for the new school starting in a few weeks.

I know God will come through. I know he will provide. Every month he provides. Every month. He has never failed. It is amazing. It has been amazing to see over the course of 10 years now since we took on financial responsibility.

Yet I still feel afraid. And I feel foolish for the things I try to do from here to bring in more money and they don't work out or haven't worked out yet. Some have worked out like the volunteer program and the art shop. Those are businesses that actually turn a profit (while there is a non-profit side to them but really they are businesses to support the non-profit, complete with expenses, income, and profit). But other things have not gone as well. But then again, they didn't go so well at first either so maybe I should hang in there?

We have never had monthly sponsors cover the monthly budget consistently and we have never had all of our students sponsored. That would just be too predictable I guess and God really likes to keep me on my toes apparently.

But we have our own group home land and building now. We just finished the tether ball game and I can't wait for the common room to get done so we can set up a ping pong table. Not a real one but a piece of plywood to lay on their table and then a net you can put up and take down. I have the rackets and balls. It's basically ready to go just need the room to be done so we can store the stuff in there otherwise they'll be broken or lost in half a day.

And we have our school building in Padre Granero. Both are such babies and need more work so even if they are ours now, there is still the large amount of care that goes into caring for a baby.

Part of me says, Lord, when will I get a break? And part of me says, if I have a break I will probably rip my hair out and create something else to do because I'm a bit of a work-a-holic. Did I mention that we have a new member of our family? Wevli?

Law school is almost over. Praises to the only one who could get me through it. I can do all things through him who gives me strength. Beginning of September I will be done with my core classes. After that, one easy looking elective and a BAR prep course is all that is left and will end in December. I am basically done. I can't believe it.

I love my kids so much. My heart overflows with love for them. Today was basically the only day of the whole summer vacation where I spent the most of the day away from them in order to do my Wills and Trusts midterm. My heart ached to be away from them. And I love Project Esperanza so much. Thank you Father. I look forward to many more great and unsearchable things I do not know.

Oh, and I have been on the search for a solution for our Sweet ADHD Teen. I will visit a place tomorrow. We love him so much but man have things been more peaceful with him at his brother's house!! No offense to him at all in that and I have hope that he will do great things.

The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Lord of the harvest, please send the workers.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario