miércoles, 31 de diciembre de 2014

I Was a Grandmother... RIP Sweet Angelina. :(

It is with a sad and heavy heart that I announce the death of little Angelina.

You Tube doesn't want to show this video but here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A62TBpUmseg

This is the daughter of "Ewode and Jilande" I wrote about previously. They were living in Montellano. They had been through so much but stayed together and were raising their daughter. A few days ago, Ewode showed up asking for help. I spent a lot of the day at a plot of land Project Esperanza has planting cacao trees. When I came back, I saw him on the road but did not speak with him. When I went inside, Jeres asked to talk to me. He told me that their little girl, who was now two and a half, passed away in the night.

The explanation they gave him was that she was fine. She wasn't sick. She woke up for a bit in the night and was playful. Then a bit later they woke up and saw that she had blood running down her chest, coming from her nose. They rushed her to the hospital in Montellano and they were told to take her to Puerto Plata. I'm sure they were traveling on motorcycle. By the time they got to the Puerto Plata hospital, she had passed away.

Ewode was seeking help (2,500 pesos) for the funeral. I gave it to him (on behalf of Project Esperanza) and he rushed off to bury her. I didn't get to talk to him and Jilande yet. I want to tell them that they did a great job and that God has great things in store for them, I know it. My heart is broken for them. May the Lord ease their pain and give them hope. Oh how I saw Ewode make efforts for that little girl and for his family. Rest in peace, sweet little Angelina....

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario