viernes, 28 de marzo de 2014

Songs From Looong Ago

In the fall of 2007 I wrote 3 songs. I sang them for two friends, Kristin and Nathaniel, who I used to sing worship songs with sometimes in Blacksburg. Nathaniel plays the guitar and wanted to work with the songs on his guitar, so I recorded two of them and e-mailed them to Nathaniel. The third was written in my notebook that got lost when I left it in a suitcase in a taxi in the Dominican Republic. I have some parts of it in my head, but it is lost. The other two I found the e-mail I had sent to Nathaniel, and listened to them. 

So I think a lot of how I envisioned my future was tied up with the man I would marry. I can hear some of my independent female friends gagging at that, but it's true. In 2006, I wrote this poem when I found out that I would not marry the American man I had thought I would, toiled over it, and toiled over God and life in general. 

In 2007, I wrote these songs as I began envisioning a future with Jeres and Project Esperanza. I entered into a life that was so different than I had envisioned throughout childhood, so different than what my family had envisioned for me, and I don't know that anything could've held me back... or nothing did at least. So I will share these songs with you. I don't know if they are good or they are not good.. but they represented my heart at that time... fall 2007. 

Let's Go Find a Place: 





Secret:




Don't forget, if you want to support this humanitarian/missionary/social activist, please consider using this credit card or these awesome gift options. Sign up as a customer here. I do not receive a salary for running Project Esperanza so it is necessary to try to raise support in some way to be able to continue to dedicate the necessary time to it. If you want to support Project Esperanza, learn how to do so here. Thank you and God bless! 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario